Magpul makes high quality injection molded parts and accessories, primarily for the AR15 rifle platform, right here in the USA. Polymer backup sights are popular for several reasons, including low weight, quiet operation, and durability. High quality polymer can take a certain amount of abuse without breaking, and still return to its original form, unlike metal, which may permanently deform, or even break.
Specifications and Features:
- Magpul MBUS Gen 2 Flip Up Rear Sight MAG248-FDE
- Injection Molded Folding Back Up Sight
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the dual, same plane flip apertures
- Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
- Detent knob easily and positively adjusts Windage
- Made in the USA
- Overall Weight 1.3oz
- Overall Height Stowed .51"
- Overall Length Stowed 2.6"
- Center of Aperture to top of rail 1.42"
- Flat Dark Earth
- AR-15, AR-10, DPMS-LR308 and similar pattern variants
- Note: The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits most 1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform